Neil Hoosier & Associates is seeking an experienced Capture Manager who has a combination of business development (BD), project management and proposal management experience to lead complex and high priority business opportunities, primarily at the Federal level. The Capture Manager will assist the Chief Growth Officer in identifying opportunities, assesses the opportunity, identifies resources needed to pursue an opportunity, meets with clients, builds relationships with key partners, develops winning bid strategies, pricing, teaming and proposal strategy. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial drive and excitement to make a direct contribution to the growth of this dynamic small business, working across the company alongside other motivated colleagues.
The Capture Manager is responsible for the full lifecycle capture management from opportunity assessment through proposal execution. Duties include:
- Participate in identification of opportunities based on company criteria and priorities.
- Coordinate and drive all phases of capture activities and strategy execution in pursuit of federal IT and program/operations opportunities ranging in size from 8a set asides to larger, complex deals.
- Perform competitive intelligence, gap analysis, personnel needs assessment, teaming strategy, support solution and proposal development and (including technical, management and price-to-win).
- Help negotiate with partnership teams and prepare input for NDAs and TAs (working with Contracts).
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research using agency research, client and partner networks, and tools such as FPDS/beta.SAM, GovWin, Bloomberg Gov, customer forecasts and internal databases. Must be comfortable using both paid and public tools to get necessary data.
- Prepare and deliver updates to senior leadership at specified milestones in the capture process (e.g. gate review).
- Lead responses to Requests for Information and Sources Sought requests.
- Lead win strategy including win themes, competitive assessment, and pricing strategy discussion and prepare/complete strategic action plans, ROIs, and risk assessment.
- Lead cross-functional, matrixed capture and proposal teams that may include management, project managers, solution architects, subject matter experts, subcontractors, and analysts.
- Develop strong understanding of both customer issues and NHA’s services to help align services to address their issues.
- Develop account plans and gather customer intelligence in collaboration with account leads, program delivery personnel and executive management.
- Work closely with and report to Chief Growth Officer on current capture status for company pursuits.
- Drive improvements in business development and capture process.
- Fully support the Proposal Manager in the proposal development process including strategy, themes, solutions, writing, schedules, staffing, pricing, past performance, resumes, and other proposal actions.
- Ensure the capture strategy, themes, solution, and discriminators are reflected in the proposal.
- 5+ years of verifiable business development, capture and/or government services growth experience.
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including identifying valuable targets, assessing win feasibility, defining the capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence.
- Proven experience capturing revenue generating and/or multi-award GWAC/IDIQ prime contract opportunities in the federal IT services market.
- Experience working with Bloomberg, Govwin, FPDS, beta.SAM, and other public data sources to conduct capture and competitive research.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical proposals.
- Understanding of what it takes to be successful in a dynamic, fast-paced small business environment in a highly competitive market.
- Considerable preference to be given to candidates with experience in federal healthcare capture, especially at HHS and CMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in capture management, ideally for IT and program/operations projects in the Federal space.
- Experience with CMS is required.
- Other HHS agencies and VA accounts preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to drive efforts to completion (PMP preferred but not required).
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including verbal and presentation skills to individuals and groups, internally and externally.
- Strong writing skills to include development of content incorporating key win themes in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
NHA is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class