This position is primarily responsible for installing, modifying, and making repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users that are either on-site or remotely located.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist staff in resolving technical issues and provide courteous and knowledgeable assistance with questions.
- Provide support including research and resolution for technical problems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair technical infrastructure including desktop/laptop hardware, operation systems, applications and office systems.
- Serve as the first line of support for all IT support issues with hardware/software vendors to provide effective solutions, break/fix and problem resolution.
- Deploy software, operating systems and updates to computers and servers as necessary.
- Manage backup and restore services to ensure that corporate data and systems are recoverable in case of failure.
- Provide training to users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Provide status, updates, and work completion information to users, management and the problem request tracking system either via email, voicemail or in-person.
- Replace defective or inadequate software packages.
- Escalate major system issues to service personnel for correction.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years direct experience in a similar role supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems in a domain environment, preferably with Azure Active Directory back end highly preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 products and services, adding, changing deleting users accounts, and basic troubleshooting of Azure device policy configurations.
- Experience working with Office 365 based SharePoint system, troubleshooting document upload/download issues, editing user account details, changing/auditing permissions, and syncing documents and folders with workstations.
- Demonstrated experience repairing, patching, installing and configuring Windows 10 operating systems and drivers, joining and syncing workstations to local/Azure domain, and configuring user profiles.
- Experience supporting Microsoft One Drive client, and office 365 One Drive accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency supporting Microsoft Office desktop software, experience supporting users with Microsoft Outlook desktop client, troubleshooting configuration and syncing issues, add-ins, and .PST file errors.
- Experience troubleshooting and Installing hardware components on laptops, desktops and rack mounted servers, including replacement of memory/RAM, solid state and traditional platter based hard drives in a raid environment, network card and components, graphics cards, laptop keyboards, LCD screens, converters etc.
- Experience running cat 5/6 network cables in a server rack, with proper dressing technique and cable management.
- Experience doing basic troubleshooting of networking issues, including wireless connectivity, basic router, switch, hub and cabling/pathing issues.
- Experience deploying and supporting Cisco VPN client side desktop software.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting printer, fax, copier along with related software.
- Experience using local Active Directory to create users, reset passwords and change folder and group permissions.
- Experience with web-based administration consoles/help desk portal/ticketing systems. Manage engine service desk experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Microsoft bit locker client side encryption software, to encrypt hard drives and files.
- Experience using Microsoft windows task scheduler to create basic tasks and run pre-written scripts.
- Proficiency in creating/maintaining spreadsheets.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
NHA is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class